1 stick chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup lemon curd, recipe follows, chilled
Confectioners for dusting
1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
6 egg yolks
Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to
350°F. Have ready an 8-inch square baking pan.
2. Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, and salt in a medium bowl
and break up any lumps with your fingers. Cut in the butter with a
pastry blender or 2 knives used scissors-fashion, until the mixture
resembles coarse crumbs. Knead the dough until it comes together.
Transfer the dough to the baking pan and press evenly into the
bottom. Bake for 20 minutes, or until light golden brown. Let cool
in the pan on a wire rack.
3. Spread the lemon curd over the crust. Refrigerate, loosely
covered, until ready to serve.
4. Just before serving, lightly sift confectioners' sugar over the
Lemon Curd and cut the cookies into 2-inch squares. Store in an
Melt the butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium-low
2. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the sugar, lemon
juice, zest, and salt. Whisk in the yolks until smooth.
3. Cook the mixture, whisking constantly, until it thickens and
leaves a path on the back of a wooden spoon when a finger is
drawn across it; do not allow the mixture to boil.
4. Immediately pour the Lemon Curd through a strainer into a bowl.
Let cool to room temperature, whisking occasionally. Refrigerate,
covered, until ready to serve. (Lemon Curd keeps for a month in the
refrigerator and for about 3 months in the freezer.
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Shortbread with Lemon Curd Bars recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.