1. In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast and
salt. Stir in warm water until well combined.
2. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at
room temperature for 1 hour.
3. After the dough has rested for one hour, place
it on a well-floured surface (the dough will be
wet) and sprinkle with a flour.
4. Using a scraper (or place the dough on a piece
of floured parchment paper and use the sides of
the paper) fold dough over several times and shape
into a rough ball.
5. Line a large bowl with a piece of parchment
paper that has been sprayed with non stick baking
spray. Place dough in bowl, cover with a towel and
let sit on the counter for 20 -30 minutes.
6. While the dough rests, place a 3-6 quart Dutch
oven with lid in the oven and preheat to 450
7. After 20 - 30 minutes, using oven gloves remove
the lid to the pot and lift the parchment paper
with the dough out of the bowl and transfer into
the hot pot. The dough will sit inside the pot
lined with parchment paper.
8. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
9. After 30 minutes, remove lid. Bread should be
light golden in color.
10. Leave the lid off and return the (pot) bread
to the oven and bake uncovered 10 - 15 minutes
longer. Bake until bread gets a deep dark golden
brown (not burnt).
11. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
Cool bread for 30 minutes before slicing.