2 bricks 8 oz each 1 third-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
1 half stick 1 4th cup butter, softened
1 and 1 half cups confectioners’ sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Dot decoration- 3 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar and red liquid food color
Garnish- Half pt 6 oz fresh raspberries
Heat oven to 325°F. Coat an 8 in. square and an 8-in. round cake pan with nonstick spray. Line bottoms with wax paper; spray paper.
Melt chocolate in 1 4th cup water in a heavy 1 qt saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl with mixer on low speed, beat cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, vanilla and chocolate mixture 1 minute to blend. Increase mixer speed to medium; beat 2 minutes. Stir in coconut and nuts until combined. Divide between cake pans; spread evenly.
4. Bake 40 to 45 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 15 minutes. Invert on rack, remove wax paper and cool completely.
5 Frosting- Melt white chocolate as package directs. Scrape into a large bowl; add cream cheese and butter. Beat with mixer on medium high speed until fluffy. On low speed beat in sugar and vanilla just until smooth.
6. To make a heart, place square cake on large serving tray or platter, 1 corner facing you. Cut round cake in half; use frosting to glue cut sides to top left and top right sides of square cake. Spread a thin layer of frosting over top and sides of cake; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm, then frost with remaining frosting.
7. To decorate- Put confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl. Tint red with food color. Stir in water, a drop at a time, until mixture is thin enough to drip from a toothpick. Drip dots at random on top of cake to about 1 in. from edge. Refrigerate cake at least 1 hour to set frosting.
8. To garnish- Place raspberries around top edge of cake.
Planning Tip- Can be made through Step 7 up to 2 days ahead. Add raspberries up to 1 hour before serving.
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this White Chocolate Sweetheart Cake recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.