1. Sift together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
2.Cut butter and shortening into dry mixture, using pastry cutter.
3. In separate bowl, beat eggs slightly and beat in vanilla and almond extracts
4. Quickly stir egg mixture, anise seed, and almonds into dry ingredients5. Turn out on a floured board and knead until dough is no longer sticky.
6. Roll with hands into long roll (about 2 inches thick).
7. Place roll on greased baking pan and flatten edges slightly with hands.
8. Bake at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Remove cookie sheet from oven.
9. Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees.
10. Carefully slice roll diagonally into 3/4 inch pieces.
11. Return to baking pan, cut side up, and bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes.
12. Turn biscotti over and bake 5 minutes more.
13. Allow to cool completely.
Optional Garnish- Dip one side of biscotti into melted chocolate and shortening.(1/2 cup choc chips - 1 tablespoons shortening...Melt over double boiler)
0 Out of 5 from
You can add this Biscotti recipe to your own private DesktopCookbook.